Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Craft 101 for Dummies ;)

I have a confession...I am not very crafty. Ok....fiiiiine I am not crafty at all. I took up jewelry making sometime ago and quit after I made one pair of earrings #notforme! But wait waittt...for people like me with zero craft skills, there are ways around it and "tools" to assist. Here is a mini craft project I did a while ago. I turned several of my pictures into greeting cards!

So how does this work? All you need: - a favorite picture - an online photo company like Shutterfly, Snapfish, etc. I used Kodak Gallery for this project. Note Kodak Gallery was acquired by Shutterfly this summer so you can no longer use this service but the others work just as well.

The picture I selected is one from one of my previous blog postings: Orchids, Barbados



Here is the finished product. All I did was pick a card design, upload my pic and voila! All done. You can pick any colors you want for the background, envelope, text, etc. I made my cards blank on the inside so they could be used for any purposes. I have used these cards for friends' birthdays, baby/bridal showers and the good ole just-thinking-about-you. So you see it's easy - even for people like me with zero craft skills :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Fun loving, tea drinking, shoe addicted chick looking to share her love of all things beautiful with the world!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP